This week’s show includes my interview with Zac Zimmerman of Zimmerman Oil, who reveals the shocking information that the Bureau of Land Management was conducting a surprise inspection on the Deepwater Horizon just two hours before the oil rig exploded last month. He also discusses the disturbing nature of the armed BLM “SWAT teams” that have been dispatched by the President to inspect the rest of the oil rigs in the Gulf, and the foreboding possibility of a peak oil crisis in the future.
(A preview of this interview was posted on YouTube two days ago, and made mention on the Declare Your Independence radio show with Ernest Hancock in hour two of his program on Wednesday, May 5th, about 20 minutes in. Thanks Ernie!)
I also discuss in this episode the erratic, suspicious behavior of the stock market yesterday, which lost almost 1000 points at one point, before rebounding again to settle at about 350 points down from the previous day. Among the casualties, 8 E-Mini S & P 500 futures stocks mysteriously got traded down to 0 as 16 shares were sold in the span of about 2 minutes. It started to rebound just as it reached the 10,000 mark, almost as if on cue. The strange behavior of the market in general, and certain stocks in particular, had talking heads on financial news networks speculating live on air about possible market manipulation.
Stacey Herbert voiced the obvious speculation at MaxKeiser.com when she discussed the likelihood that this was the result of intervention from the Plunge Protection Team, due to the telltale involvement of Proctor & Gamble and 3M stocks, known market bellwethers often used by the PPT for systematic Dow manipulation.
The news is presently saying that this may have been the result of an error, that some trader with “fat fingers” accidentally typed a B on his computer instead of an M and sold a billion shares instead of a million, and they are blaming Citigroup, who denies that they had any involvement in it.
In addition, Brian Albert and I also cover the following current events:
- Athens burns, Spain collapses, and the entire Eurozone teeters on the edge of oblivion as Nouriel Roubini and George Soros dance on the corpse of the Euro, predicting doom for the fledgling upstart would-be reserve currency.
- The JP Morgan silver market manipulation scandal advances as the Justice Department reportedly opens an investigation into the allegations. This is on the heels of another antitrust investigation by the Justice Department against JP Morgan for an alleged “conspiracy to pay below market interest rates to local and state governments” for municipal bonds.
- The US Army trains to defend against a fictional assault on Fort Knox from a Tea Party/White Supremacist/Anti-Healthcare/Militia coalition that they envision attacking the [empty fake] bullion depository after an alcohol-fueled orgy of anti-government hate at their “compound.”
- Homeland Security declares victory after following Times Square bomb suspect Faisal Shahzad for two days and then eventually arresting him. Unfortunately, they allowed him to get on an airplane first, and made the plane return to the gate so that they could arrest him, needlessly endangering and inconveniencing hundreds of other passengers in the process. But they don’t seem to think that’s a problem, of course.
- “Jason Bourne” slips out of a penthouse window overlooking the Federal Reserve building with a duffel bag full of guns, fake passports, and fake $100 bills on his way to pull a heist on the central bank. Or at least, that’s what the Los Angeles police would have us believe.